Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Review and Rating: *** $ Blackstone Cabernet Sauvignon, 2003, CA


Review: Who would EVER put a "practically free" Blackstone Cabernet Sauvignon down for a couple years of storage to see what happens to it?! Well, consider this another of my "take one for the team" reviews...

Let's see: in the glass, it is still a dark magenta with purple highlights. On the nose, it sports a deep, fruity, oaky cab essence - with a touch of pickle (or is that vinegar?) incorporated into the highlights.

No off-notes are seen on the palate. It touches mid-palate, with simple, round, fruity feel, with a touch of oaky, velvet depth. Finish is gone in a flash. No benefit to further aging. But, surprising even myself, I'll give it three stars out of five because I do believe I would try it again if offered. That makes it a great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment