Saturday, October 18, 2008

** $ Beaulieu Vineyard BV Coastal Estates Pinot Noir, 2006, Vin de Pays d'Oc, France - Review and Rating

Find prices and retail availability.    


Review: The Beaulieu Vineyard BV Coastal Estates Pinot Noir, 2006, is from Vin de Pays d'Oc, France.

In the glass, this shows a medium red, going light within an inch or two of the edge. Aromas are bright fruit with an odd vegetably note. The palate delivers what the aroma suggests. Tight fruit, a bit acidic, light tannin-vegetable note.

This is more a "what are you feeding me?!" kind of wine, so I can only offer one star out of five. I'll give a plus because it didn't make me do a spit-take.

-------------------
In the glass for awhile (I found I just wasn't drinking it), some of the oddest elements blew-off, letting me move this to a somewhat-more-generous two stars.

Find prices and retail availability.    

1 comment:

  1. I recall that this PN used to be pretty good for the price when they were using California fruit. Once it become Vin de Pay d'Oc it just become thin, too acidic, and lost all the fruit intensity. Is the French fruit that much cheaper to warrant the change??

    ReplyDelete